Terms & Conditions
The objective of the Heather Young Study Scholarship is to encourage and support members of the Herb Federation of New Zealand to increase their knowledge, of the growing and use and enjoyment of herbs in their everyday lives.
The late Heather Young
The late Heather Young was a long time avid and active supporter of the growing and use of herbs, was an enthusiastic gardener, and had a real thirst for knowledge. She expressed a wish to encourage and support others to satisfy their thirst for this knowledge.
She was one of the founding members and a Life Member of the Katikati Herb Society, and Life Member of the Herb Federation of New Zealand.
One Scholarship is available for award each calendar year; to study the 12 Module Herb Federation of New Zealand Certificate Course.
The Scholarship will meet the cost of the fee involved in purchasing each module for study for up to three years.
Who would qualify to be awarded the Heather Young Scholarship
To be eligible to be awarded the Heather Young Scholarship, applicants must be financial “Individual Members” of the Herb Federation of New Zealand.
NOTE: An Individual Member of the Herb Federation of New Zealand, is a person who pays a membership subscription directly to the Federation. It is not essential that an applicant be a member of a Local Herb Society, but membership and support of a Herb Society if there is one in your area, is desirable.
Application to be considered for the Heather Young Study Scholarship must be in writing and addressed to The Secretariat of the Herb Federation of New Zealand.
Closing date for applications
Applications addressed to:
Herb Federation of New Zealand
P O Box 128077
or emailed to email@example.com
must be received by 30th September, and the successful applicant will be announced at the Herb Federation of New Zealand Annual General Meeting.
Applicants should demonstrate in their application that they:
- show an appropriate level of interest in herbs.
- Where there is more than one applicant in any one year, preference will be given to:
- Applicants able to demonstrate a history of scholastic achievement
- Applicants who may have been away from formal study for a while, but have a desire to reinvigorate their study ethic
Applications for the Scholarship will considered by the Executive of the Herb Federation of New Zealand, or a person or persons appointed from time to time by the Executive of the Herb Federation of New Zealand for this purpose.
Unsuccessful applicants may re-apply in subsequent years.
What recipients must do to continue to receive the Scholarship
- Scholarship recipients must submit each Module for marking before making application to study a further Module. NOTE: You need not wait for a Module to be marked before applying for the next.
- Scholarship recipients may complete as many Modules as they wish in any one twelve month period,
- Scholarship recipients must complete a minimum of three Modules in any one twelve month period to a “satisfactory standard”, to be eligible to continue to receive the Scholarship. Modules not reaching a satisfactory standard not counted. NOTE: The marker will be the adjudicator with respect to the achievement of a “satisfactory standard”.
- Scholarship recipients do not need to refund study fees for Modules not achieving a “satisfactory standard”.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain their financial membership of the Herb Federation of New Zealand.
Other Terms and Conditions
All other Terms and Conditions are those applying to the Herb Federation of New Zealand Certificate Course.
Return to the “Certificate Course in Herbs” for further information about the study modules, or to purchase a Module.